Diamond View Middle School
WELCOME TO THE DV EXPANDED LEARNING PROGRAM
- To use positive methods to ensure a safe, fun, developmentally appropriate setting.
- To increase student’s homework completion rates.
- To enable students to perform at or above grade level as measured by state standardized tests.
- To provide enrichment activities that will develop and increase student’s self-confidence, self-esteem, physical abilities, and social skills.
- To provide a sound foundation for student’s to become service-minded and give back to the community.
- To promote good citizenship.
The Diamond View Expanded Learning Program receives reimbursable base funding through Expanded Learning Opportunities Program state funds. Although we receive reimbursement for the program from the State to the community, there are specific requirements for funding. The highlights of our funding are:
- daily attendance
- specific hours of operation
- opportunity for academic assistance and educational enrichment
- nutritional snack
- staff/student ratio of no greater than 1:20
This site is served by a great group of individuals that have a great desire to see each student engaged in a fun, safe, healthy environment.
|Program Leaders:||Jennifer Ormachea|