Welcome to the After School Program for Sierra Primary
- To use positive methods to ensure a safe, fun, developmentally appropriate setting.
- To provide a least one hour per day for students to work on completing their homework.
- To increase student’s homework completion rates.
- To enable students to perform at or above grade level as measured by state standardized tests.
- To provide enrichment activities that will develop and increase student’s self-confidence, self-esteem, physical abilities, and social skills.
- To provide a sound foundation for student’s to become service-minded and give back to the community.
- To promote good citizenship.
The Sierra Primary and Fort Sage Middle School After School Program is funded through a grant provided by Proposition 49. When the voters of California passed Prop. 49, the state developed the After School Education and Safety program or ASES. Although this is a free program to the community, there are specific requirements for funding. The highlights of our funding are:
- daily attendance
- specific hours of operation
- opportunity for academic assistance and educational enrichment
- nutritional snack
- staff/student ratio of no greater than 1:20