Welcome to the McKinley Expanded Learning Program
- To use positive methods to ensure a safe, fun, developmentally appropriate setting.
- To provide a least one hour per day for students to work on completing their homework.
- To increase student’s homework completion rates.
- To enable students to perform at or above grade level as measured by state standardized tests.
- To provide enrichment activities that will develop and increase student’s self-confidence, self-esteem, physical abilities, and social skills.
- To provide a sound foundation for student’s to become service-minded and give back to the community.
- To promote good citizenship.
The McKinley Elementary School After School Program receives reimbursable base funding through a grant provided by Proposition 49. When the voters of California passed Prop. 49, the State developed the After School Education and Safety program or ASES. Although we receive reimbursement for the program from the State to the community, there are specific requirements for funding. The highlights of our funding are:
- daily attendance
- specific hours of operation
- opportunity for academic assistance and educational enrichment
- nutritional snack
- staff/student ratio of no greater than 1:20
This site is served by a great group of individuals that have a great desire to see each student engaged in a fun, safe, healthy environment.
|Payton Cottrell||Emma West|
|Gradyn Stone||Marissa Anthony|
|Jennifer Arevalo||Megan Sandeen|
|Amanda Fox||Noah Williams|
|Site Facilitator||Jessica Korteum|